Are you passionately creative, incredibly curious, and shamelessly ambitious when it comes to content creation? Can you turn a customer interview into a compelling story that gets shared and drives engagement? If writing about topics that seem foreign to you today, knowing that you can squash it because of your superb interviewing and research skills is your shtick, then we want you on our team!
If you can perform like a journalist, think like a product marketer, and write like a storyteller, keeping brand, demand generation, and SEO top of mind - then this is the role for you!
The potential stories to tell here at BIM Track is endless! We have a great product and amazingly, loquacious and outstanding users who are thrilled to talk about their industry expertise. If you're still reading, check out the responsibilities, and if this sounds like it is the right role for you, don't waste another minute! Apply today. The team is just dying to meet the content creator who will become an integral part of our fun loving and smiley team!
Ideation for owned content
- Collaborate with the SEO expert to identify keyword & content pillars across our ideal B2B/SaaS customer.
- Ensure that content strategy aligns with the overarching keyword strategy for the website.
- Brainstorm concepts and ideas from the ground up, pitch ideas to leadership.
- Understand that different content will resonate across different customer journey moments, and plan content creation accordingly.
- Work with internal teams and customers to identify customer pain points and understand the value we provide for our customers.
- Develop an editorial calendar and ensure we are meeting deadlines.
Research and interview
- Conduct thorough research on industry-related topics by conducting interviews with subject matter experts and researching primary and secondary sources.
- Build a deep understanding of client target audiences and use it to inform your content.
Write and produce
- Maintain consistent brand voice throughout all content.
- Author compelling thought leadership pieces in the form of blogs, e-books, infographics, white papers, case studies, emails, ads, webinar presentations, landing pages, sales enablement materials such as product one-pagers and video scripts - to attract and engage target audiences.
- Develop creative briefs, produce and deliver final assets alongside the visual designer.
- Review/edit the work of others to ensure content is accurate in grammar, messaging, style, and tone of voice and optimized for search and user experience. Manage additional review cycles as necessary.
- Assist the marketing team in developing content for advertising campaigns.
- Assist the community manager in developing content for our social media channels.
Report and bask in your success
- Report back using a framework that measures content success.
- (or figure out how to course correct, cause we're all human)
What you'll need
- Strong planning, organization, and time management abilities.
- Excellent and proven written, SEO-optimized, and oral communications
- Passion for writing, editing, proofing, and producing content that delivers value and results
- Entrepreneurial, pragmatic, no-bs-minded, passionate about building fantastic marketing campaigns, and enjoying the ride along the way!
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across teams
- A portfolio of original work that demonstrates your content marketing prowess
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deliver under ambitious deadlines
- Experience and expertise publishing your work via a content management system like HubSpot
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Communications or Marketing
- The desire to be part of a solid and fun-loving team that has each others' backs.