Again, Autodesk University is going virtual, with live sessions from 5th-8th october. With hundreds of on-demand classes to choose from, it looks like we’ll be watching well into 2022! Here are some of the top classes we can’t wait to catch online.
Tuesday, October 5, 2021 4:30 PM to 5:00 PM
BIM Track is the communication platform to streamline your BIM coordination process. Simplify and automate your existing workflows rather than replacing them. With BIM Track, you’ll be able to…
- Manage issues: Track issues and correct design & construction errors - fast.
- Centralize communication: Access, comment on and resolve issues in your everyday software.
- Bridge the gap between 2D and 3D teams with hyper modeling
- Collaborate across platforms: Stay in your preferred BIM software such as Revit, Navisworks, Civil 3D, AutoCADand more, and continue resolving issues.
- Easily monitor coordination progress against KPIs with interactive metrics & advanced reporting
Wednesday, October 6, 2021 4:30 PM to 5:00 PM
You can have a lot of fun in VR, killing zombies and perfecting your sword fighting. But for the AEC industry, Virtual Reality (VR) is more than just a toy. Cutting-edge General Contractors, Architecture and Engineering firms are deploying it on projects for powerful remote coordination workflows and immersive design reviews in VR.
During this session we will test drive some of the VR platforms that integrate with BIM Track: Cintoo, Enscape, Vrex and VR Collab.
- VR is cost-effective and can also help mitigate the risk of unrealistic expectations once the project is complete.
- Get a feel for how VR is transforming the construction landscape.
- Get 5 tips for taking BIM into Virtual Reality
Thursday, October 7, 2021 4:30 PM to 5:00 PM
Sure, BIM Track is designed for and most widely used during the pre-construction phase for BIM coordination. But did you know that our users use BIM Track to track much more than just clashes?
In this session, we will highlight some of the innovative and unusual ways BIM Track clients are using the platform. From health and safety to home renovations, design review and task management, Submittals, and Contract management. The list goes on and on with many different things you can do with an issue-tracking platform like BIM Track. And most with just some minor tweaks to your typical issue-based workflow. You can expect practical tips for project managers and teams figuring out working remotely, as well as live walkthroughs of task-based workflows.
Some areas we will be covering:
- BIM Track issues best practices
- Using and customizing BIM Track for task management
- Project management with issues
- A design review workflow that will allow designers to get tasks directly in their BIM authoring platform of choice
- Project managers can use BIM Track to check in on project progress and give comments and suggestions using the web app from anywhere they have internet access.
- How to use the metrics and reporting features within BIM Track to stay on top of your to-do list (tasks)